[Public-List] Radios, GPS etc..

Greg Dawson via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Tue Jan 26 03:03:09 PST 2016

Hi all.

For what it's worth we have a Standard Horizon 1700 Explorer. We purchased it on sale for less than  $200.

 It's an amazing piece of kit. Has GPS and DSC. It also has a built in antenna, gives speed over ground and can be used to plot a course.

The down side is the small screen but it can be combined with an external plotter. Obviously we have other navigational aids on the boat but as a stand alone piece of equipment I don't think it can be beat at the price.

Greg Dawson
Sent from AOL Mobile Mail