[Public-List] A new engine adventure...Anyone using the engine water pump as a bilge pump?

Michael Connolly via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sat Jul 9 07:51:04 PDT 2016

Michael,
I misspoke when I mentioned the application of a "Y" valve. What I meant was an alternate source for the engine intake via the bilge. How that is accomplished is up to the owner. A passive "T" fitting with two simple ball valves would work fine. No pumps like trash, unless you are employing a "trash pump", ha, ha. Another reason to keep your bilge whistle clean.

The concept is that if you are sinking you have another option to deploy. It just might made the difference to save your boat.
Michael #133