[Public-List] Forward Opening Port?

Daniel Swords via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sat Jul 23 20:10:39 PDT 2016

I would like to install a forward facing opening port in my forward cabin. It looks like there is plenty of room for this and it would be nice to see out toward the front of the boat from inside the cabin and it seems like it would greatly improve ventilation (especially since my forward hatch currently has limited opening accessibility). Has anyone done this?  There are basically four styles, round (don't think I want that but that is what Concordia yawls have), rectangular, oval, and elliptical.  Any advice on what would look best?  Also, some are available in anodized aluminum (would that match the original ports exterior trim?) or stainless steel (would that look out of place next to the original ports?). Any reasons or concerns for not doing this (e.g. Slope of the forward cabin top makes it impossible or inadvisable, cabin wall is too thick in this area). Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.
Sent from my iPhone
Daniel Swords #525 Mandeville Louisiana