[Public-List] Stern tube

Greg Bover via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sat Jun 11 16:00:26 PDT 2016

Test fired the Yanmar this morning prior to next weeks scheduled launch when I put it in gear by mistake it rumbled and rattled unusually. I found the shaft to be loose in the cutless bearing. Three hours later after making a prop puller I got the bearing out but when I tried to unscrew it from the stern tube the tube came part way out with it. What do I need to do to seal it when it goes back together?
Also all the cutless bearings of the right od and id seem to be 3 1/2" long whereas mine is just over 2". Does one just cut to length?
Thanks to George for the good info on the website. And thanks to all you all for your advice.
Greg Bover
#114 Pensive Flyer
Gloucester

Sent from my iPhone