[Public-List] Stern tube

Kris Coward via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Wed Jun 15 08:19:38 PDT 2016

The water holes for lubricating and cooling the cutless bearing and
stuffing box are at the forward end of the stern casting, one on each
side of the casting (and need to be drilled into the bearing when
replacing it; be careful to drill nice and slow, with a sharp bit and
plenty of cutting fluid, so that pressure from the drill doesn't deform
the bearing).

-Kris

Kris Coward					http://unripe.melon.org/