[Public-List] Re powering my A30

Greg Dawson via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Mon Jun 20 03:07:15 PDT 2016

Dear all

I am in the process of refurbishing my A30. A job that requires everything from bulkheads to sails. Recently I have been looking at replacing the tired Atomic four. A secondhand Yanmar or a brand new Beta. I'm either looking at something already old or paying out a lot of money.

One idea that has got me interested is installing an outboard in the lazetette. Does anybody have experience of this? I don't think that I need a large inboard and for the cost of the Beta I can pretty much buy a new outboard, replace the worn sails & install a roller furling jib.

What do you think? Is there anybody who has done this conversion that could comment?

Greg