[Public-List] companionway step pre liner boats

David Tessier via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Mon Jun 20 13:07:18 PDT 2016

Our pre liner A30 #319 has a companionway step hung from the underside of the bridge deck. I have decided that this step is not sufficiently sturdy. I understand that other owners have also come to this conclusion.
I am leaning towards making a fixed wooden step to attach to the engine compartment cover. Sort of a sturdy open box structure, sturdy but sufficiently open to maintain some access to the engine compartment cover surface and the electrical panel. I would welcome learning what others have done to replace this suspended step.
Thanks in advance.
David TessierA30 #319Georgian Bay, Lake Huron, Ontario, Canada