[Public-List] Outboards

Dwayne Back via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Mon Jun 20 16:48:32 PDT 2016

Greg,   I have not had the opportunity to read the entire thread, but I repowered my Alberg 30 with a Beta 16.  For my sailing conditions the 16 is sufficient (Great Lakes fair weather sailing), whether you need the 16 or 20 depends on your sailing conditions.  If Stan is still at Beta I would recommend talking to him, he was straight forward and knew the boat.  The individual I had installing the engine recommend the 20hp at leas,t and Stan said I would waste my money by purchasing the larger engine as it would not drive the boat any better, and I believe he was correct.  Though the 16 is likely noisier than the 20 being 2 vs 3 cylinder.  I have been happy with the Beta.Dwayne#94