[Public-List] companionway step pre liner boats

Michael Connolly via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Tue Jun 21 05:32:37 PDT 2016

David,
On my boat, #133 I have a removable two step ladder which is attached with brackets at the threshold of the companionway opening on the saloon side of the bridge deck. Most importantly the vertical members of the ladder rest on the top of the engine cover. These "feet" are padded with cork to prevent slipping and scratching the engine cover.

To gain access behind the ladder just lift it up and remove. My is made of Teak and I just assumed that it was original equipment. Sounds like the stiles (vertical members) of your ladder are too short and that they don't extend downward long enough to rest on the engine cover.
Michael............ Lorrie Rose