[Public-List] furling gear and spinnaker halyard

Kris Coward via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Jun 23 12:43:25 PDT 2016

Put a halyard restrainer on the front of the mast to help keep the jib
and spin halyards clear enough of each other to keep this problem at
bay. I figured this one out the hard way (by breaking the forestay with
(jib) halyard wrap before putting the restrainer on--fortunately I was
able to rig up the spare halyard as an emergency forestay before the rig
got any ideas about falling over).

-Kris

Kris Coward					http://unripe.melon.org/