[Public-List] Main Sheet

Gordon Laco via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Wed Jun 29 05:32:37 PDT 2016

Hello Wes -

The same sort of thing happens aboard SURPRISE...  We made the issue a
little better by going to a 3:1 mainsheet, which offers less sheet tail in
the cockpit.  We have a wheel so we try to remember to push the mass of line
forward of the rudderhead, which usually keeps it from fouling when running
out.

I expect you've got a tiller?  You might try fixing a short piece of shock
cord between the after bulkhead of the cockpit well and the root of the
tiller.  That would prevent loops of sheet from getting round the rudder
head casting.

Just an idea,

Gord #426 Surprise

On 2016-06-29, 8:25 AM, "Wes Gardner via Public-List"