[Public-List] Re powering my A30

via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Mon Jun 20 03:33:12 PDT 2016

i did it 5 years ago. i use a 6 hp long shaft tohatsu and make 5 knots easily, but can't reverse in a strong current, so i have to choose my departure times whem the tide is not ripping. If you are not directly on a river ot probably would not affect you as much.

james baldwin did mine. i was maybe the 2nd one he did and it is great. i have the non-tilt model because it doesnt bother me to move the engine when i use the boat, since i do it once a month maybe, but the tilt option seems way more popular. it allows you to leave the outboatd mounted at all times but tilt the prop out of the water.

baldwin is comverting a non-tilt to a tilt on a Triton near my slip right now. His Triton has the tilt option. A couple of A30s on the dock also have the tilt. I may be the last non-tilt.

i use the space where my atomic 4 used to be for a battery bank and the seats for my folding boat.

i never had a working inboard so i cant compare, but my outboard certainly gets the job done and if it ever gives me trouble i can replace it easily.

Get Outlook for Android