[Public-List] Thoughts on a gps placement

SNCSoft via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sun Mar 27 13:04:52 PDT 2016

After many unsuccessful attempts to mount my 6" Simrad gps on a swing
mount, I mounted it permanently under depth/speed/wind display on the cabin
bulkhead, port side. Cannot find the picture with working one, but you can
get the idea from pictures below -

http://www.sncsoft.com/forums/a30/img/IMG_4824.JPG

http://www.sncsoft.com/forums/a30/img/IMG_7114.JPG

Not sure if this is the best place for the device, but it working great for
me, have no problem to see everything on the screen even on a direct
sunlight. And yes, compass will be mounted on the starboard side. :-)

Serguei