[Public-List] Cutless Bearing

Mike Lehman via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Mon Mar 14 07:49:38 PDT 2016

Bob,

There are 2 set screws one on each side that need to be removed and probably
replaced. There are also 2 ports on the housing. These are the inlets for
water. The bearing itself should have holes cut where these ports are to
allow water to enter the bearing and escape through the rear of the housing.
This is something that is frequently overlooked, but important as this is a
water-lubricated bearing. If you are in the Annapolis area, I would have
John Vosbury (Vosbury Marine & Recreation) do the removal/installation of
the bearing in the housing.