[Public-List] Fwd: 1968 Alberg 30 needs to be rescued

James Allocco via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Tue May 10 16:12:22 PDT 2016

I read the email from George around 10 this morning and mentioned it to my
wife. She looked up from her coffee and said lets drive down and take a
look, we can stop for lunch at Topsail Island.  For it us it was a 2 hour
drive and though we like to think we are retired we seem to never have a
day off so I said why not. I wiil say  the Pacifico drafts and the flounder
and the time spent together were great.

The boat was another story. In my unexpert opinion the only things
salvageable were the hull, mast and 2 stachions. The cabin was flooded and
full of mold. The cushions black with mold. The engine gone and  the engine
compartment a greasey grimy pit. The cabin top sunken and hollow sounding
around the mast step. The bow and stern pulpits were destroyed.  As I
stepped on to the boat my foot almost went through the lazarette cover.
With a Aberg 30 in sailaway condition selling for $15,000 - $25,000 I'd
rather take a job a Mcdonalds at minimum wage for 2 years and use the money
to buy one than spend $20,000 and 10 years to fix this boat.

Jim

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 10:45 AM, George Dinwiddie via Public-List <