[Public-List] Extra stanchions

Bill Newman via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Wed May 11 04:55:56 PDT 2016

Thanks for your comments everyone, I also lash the lifelines to the uppers but up here in the great white north, for winter storage, I remove the mast and also the lifelines and stanchions so they don't puncture the tarps. My boat is stored on a robust trailer so during spring preparation the deck is 10 or 11 feet off the ground and walking around the deck at this point is somewhat risky.  If I install the lifelines without the mast they are very loose when not lashed to the uppers so provide little or no support.

The extra stanchions were just a thought and I wondered if any one in the group had done it.

Best Regards,

Bill Newman
Marion Rose, #233

Sent from my iPod