[Public-List] Through deck connectors

James Allocco via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sat May 21 09:57:04 PDT 2016

Jeffery,

I use 2 homemade bronze thru haul shaped fittings I turned on a lathe, one
for mast wires the other for the antenna coaxial cable. They are epoxied in
place so water doesn't migrate into the core.  The wires are taped with
Sou'wester rigging tape. Then I paint the tape and fitting with white
liquid electrical tape ( hard to find white).  It's a little bit of work to
remove if you lower the mast each year. My mast has been up for the last 10
years in NC.  I also use white liquid tape around the shroud tangs and they
haven't leaked in 20 years. I touch up the tape every other year. I also
use it at the coax fitting on the antenna at the top of the mast to prevent
corrosion.

Jim

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 5:05 PM, Jay Davenport via Public-List <