[Public-List] Hull deck joint

Jason S via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Mon May 23 07:18:24 PDT 2016

My 1971 liner Alberg 30 does NOT carry core to the edge. It is completely
encased and the bottom layer "skin" bevels up toward outer edges of deck
near where stanchions mount and join the making of the toe rail.

Here are some photos of my side decks during my recoring. Core is
completely encased.

http://svsalacia.blogspot.com/2015/12/alberg-30-refit-more-rotten-core-on.html?m=0

Hope this helps
Jason
On the older boats with Masonite coring and stand up toe rails with the SS
outside rail have this issue with draining over the deck and puddling water
at the exit points. If I had an older boat, I would mark the SS at the
exits, remove the SS and grind it down to the water to escape then
re-install it. The older boats have 'head block' (solid glass) around the
perimeter of the deck. The liner boats have balsa cored decks, and carry
the coring to the edges.

-----Original Message----- From: Greg Bover via Public-List