[Public-List] 2nd halyard retractable deck reinforcement

Wes Gardner via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Fri May 27 06:22:43 PDT 2016

Are we talking about an inner forestay? If so the on-deck stuff is fairly
easy...a highfield lever provides the quick-disconnect and if you are
setting this up for heavy weather use, you'll need some running backs.  The
issue is how to transfer the load down to the keel/forefoot.  Maybe some
kind of rod? Once again, if it were me setting this thing up fore heavy
weather, I'd probably haul the boat, drill a hole in the forefoot and pass
the rod up through to just under the deck.  The "hull" end of the rod would
have to have some sort of plate welded to it that then could int turn be
glassed in to the forefoot.  The under-the-deck end might be threaded top
accept some sort of plate/eye bolt that would project up through the deck.
The highfield would hook onto that...simple, huh...

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 11:56 PM, Harry Black via Public-List <