[Public-List] Continued Fitment questions on Boom Vang choice

Don Campbell via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Nov 3 06:17:24 PDT 2016

Bill:
    I know of two Alberg 30's that have Garhauer vangs. Both are in the
Canadian race fleet and the one is still in the box because the first one
went on and tore the track off the mast that held the boom. Garhauer made a
bracket for the boom fitting so that that boom now does not move on the
mast. As far as I know, Phil really likes his set up and I will eventually
get around to replacing the cloth vang I have, with the one in the box, once
I figure out where to put the boom on the mast.  If you do get a Garhauer,
make sure you get the mast bracket too. They are a small enough company that
they should be able to make the same one that was made for Gemini, # 362 and
that was for the stock mast.
Don