[Public-List] storing salon and v-berth cushions

Gordon Laco via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Wed Nov 9 13:27:20 PST 2016

Hello David -

We always leave ours in... I feel a little guilty doing it, but nothing bad
has ever happened in 36 years with two boats.  We are on Georgian Bay on the
Upper Great Lakes, so we have real winter in January and February.

I suppose the worst thing that could happen might be a mouse getting in and
chewing on things, but have to say that's more likely in my garage than in
the boat.  Years ago in Toronto we had an owl move into Touch Wood... We
knew it was an owl because of the nice tight 'packages' of regurgitated
bones and fur it left.   But no poop.  Apparently they're fastidious about
that.  Not so fastidious was a street person who moved into the same boat
for a while another season...

We cover SURPRISE with a faithful canvass tarp (which we call 'The Shroud of
Turin" because the imprint of our old boat is still in it)   That keeps the
boat dry inside and we've never had a humidity problem.

I have to say I wince a little at shrink wrapped boats.  Nice air tight
cocoons for humidity and mold...

Gord #426 Surprise

On 2016-11-09, 4:00 PM, "via Public-List" <public-list at lists.alberg30.org>