[Public-List] a question

via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Mon Nov 14 12:03:23 PST 2016

Hello all,

I climbed in the boat yesterday to have a look inside and reminisce about the summer (the boat is kept stored in the barn). Anyway, in the storage locker/closet opposite the head I noticed a bit of yellowish water (the type you see with deck/chainplate leak) on the floor. Not much water but more than pooling of condensation and the boat is out of the weather... So l Looked around to see where this water might have come from and I suspect it is from this sort of fiberglass mounting/housing for the depth transducer. It is hard to describe what I'm looking at but this is the round fiberglass enclosure/housing part of the hull in which the transducer unit is fitted, sealed and screwed. Sorry if this is a confused description and more so as there is no thruhull for the transducer even though the unit is sealed and siliconed in this housing.
How could water seep out of this and/or I am missing something, has anyone seen this before?

Your kind insight is well appreciated,

Cheers
Maurice
Avoca 322