[Public-List] Mast Step Analysis for After Thanksgiving Meal

Bill McCoy via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Wed Nov 23 03:29:23 PST 2016

While cold winds whip into your Thanksgiving dinner and relatives accumulate and settle back into the couch for dreary sleep and countless football games, here are a few photos for your consideration.  And I welcome your advice on positioning the mast from what you can determine from these photos:

http://s1358.photobucket.com/user/Skeep575/library/Alberg%2030%20Nautica?sort=3&page=1

[http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q763/Skeep575/Alberg%2030%20Nautica/story/thumbnail.jpg]<http://s1358.photobucket.com/user/Skeep575/library/Alberg%2030%20Nautica?sort=3&page=1>

Alberg 30 Nautica by Skeep575<http://s1358.photobucket.com/user/Skeep575/library/Alberg%2030%20Nautica?sort=3&page=1>
s1358.photobucket.com
View the full album on Photobucket.

I am troubleshooting my Alberg's mast position, taking into consideration all the support issues, and having no idea to work with am applying what I have read to what I have on deck.  Observation:  1) mast appears to have some rake in the top which also may be exerting unnecessary pressure on aft of step, 2) step appears to have pressure aft although main part of mast is on the support, 3) possibilities are limited to moving mast 1/2 inch forward to ease aft pressure.  Advise.

Thanks and Have a Great Thanksgiving!

Skeep
Hull 614, Nautica