[Public-List] Mast Step post thanksgiving

Bill McCoy via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sat Nov 26 08:15:40 PST 2016

Well thank you to Team Alberg Savants who have duly provided timely information for my groggy post-thanksgiving eyes.  After crashing our neighbors home for thanksgiving steak and grog and taking a post-thanksgiving motorcycle ride across the Sumter National forest, I resume my analysis of your comments with sober regard.

Yet my question remains, should I worry that upon moving my mast forward 1/2 to 3/4 inch that the forward bolt will not be making direct contact with the mast base?  That is, given forward is better (note to savants) agreed, yet if the forward bolt is not in place at the deck level, the mast might have the propensity to lift at moments under aft-stay strain/pull and so then lift the mast just that bit possibly creating a havoc if it then returns to deck and smacks it?

Perhaps I'm just chicken to move it because of this possibility.  I realize the mast is held in place by shrouds, but in this scenario a mistake could further ruin what support I still manage to have in this 40 year old gal.

Can any of you comment on this particular possibility with respect to the photo?

with my esteemed appreciation...

Skeep