[Public-List] Fuel tank

Jim Burns via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sat Nov 26 17:49:21 PST 2016

When I bought Limerick several years ago, the fuel tank had several leaks.  I had a company in New Jersey fabricate a new metal one (much preferred over plastic) and installed in the same location in the starboard sail locker.

I did move the fuel fill forward to achieve a straight shot to the bottom of the tank.  Rather than using an electronic fuel gauge, I can simply drop a 1/2” wooden dowel down to the determine the amount of fuel in the tank.  Marking the dowel is simple.  Now, if I run out of fuel, I have nothing to blame but me.

Jim Burns