[Public-List] Refinishing interior teak

Greg Dawson via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sun Oct 9 03:47:01 PDT 2016

Hi there

I am in the process of repainting the interior of my non liner boat. When we got her several of the doors had fallen to pieces and there was mold across the cabin ceiling. Dealing with the ceiling is easy enough but I am wondering how best to refinish the teak. I am thinking of using Cetol which gave good results on our other boat. What do you think and how would you prep the wood before application. The reason I ask is that I think that the wood has been oiled and is very dark. Previously I have only had to deal with stripping a finish similar to Cetol and reapplying.

Your thoughts and help would be appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who are north of the border.

Greg Dawson