[Public-List] Beautiful Sailing in Annapolis

Jonathan Bresler via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sun Oct 16 14:09:06 PDT 2016

Folks,

Time is a wasting.   October will soon be gone.  Afraid to say winter is
coming.  But not today!

Got out today for a wonderful sail.  The air on the Bay today was clear
enough to see both shores and the Bay Bridge in detail.   Consistent winds
of 10 to 13 knots out of the south with little chop let Constance hit 5.5
and touch 6 knots upwind as we headed out to take a look at the Federal
Schelde bulk carrier anchored in the Bay.   On the way out, my daughter,
son-in-law and I chased a Beneteau 40+ to 50 feet something or other.
Ended up passing them to windward.

Reaching on the return trip to Annapolis from the shipping channel, the
Garmin GPS MAP 192C reported up hitting 7.1 knots.   Shirt sleeve
temperatures.

The rest of the week is reported to be lovely.  Hope to get out a couple
times more this week.   Look forward to seeing you.

--
Jonathan M Bresler
S/V Constance Alberg 30 #262