[Public-List] Cabin heater/ starboard bunk conversion

John Johnston via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Oct 27 12:48:45 PDT 2016

Greetings! I am soon to address the installation of a Dickinson Newport Diesel heater on starboard bulkhead aboard Rocinante, #69. In the interest of being able to place heater as low as possible to reduce height of Charlie Noble topside and still achieve adequate chimney height for draft, I am considering eliminating bench/bunk altogether with an eye towards creating small settee in that space instead. I currently have no table to sit at and the present “Chart Table” and light is above my refrigerator (former icebox) and it is not at all satisfactory. I spend more time at a table than I do entertaining so I do not object to the loss of a bunk. Hopefully I would be able to sit at table with view of fireplace. Could still possibly create leaf to extend port bunk . Coud also potentially steal enough room forward of present galley to allow for proper oven.
	So. Anyone done this? If so, pics? Any input from anyone with Newport installs or this kind of conversion, or even just thoughts on the wisdom of this would be very welcome. Good design is not easy, and I would be more than glad to profit from the experience of others.

	John Johnston