[Public-List] Public-List Digest, Vol 3349, Issue 1

Don Campbell via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Fri Oct 7 06:52:07 PDT 2016

I wonder why you choose to disregard the design to keep weight low and on
center. I relish every ounce, never mind hundred pounds, that gives more
stability and greater leverage for things above! If your boat is so wet that
the water is in the bottom of the battery boxes, you have more worries than
battery position. Any tie to the battery box floor will be sufficient to
hold the battery securely. If you look at the theory of things, you will
find that the surface level of the liquid in the battery will go through
more degrees with heel when offset than it will when centered. Just a
thought when the port rail is in the water.
Don Campbell