[Public-List] Leaks etc....

Don Campbell via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Wed Sep 7 03:52:30 PDT 2016

Bill:
    Contact me off list.
Don

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill McCoy via Public-List
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2016 6:25 AM
To: public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Subject: [Public-List] Leaks etc....

Good advice Wes and Don, thank you much!

This hull 614, was surveyed before purchase and the surveyor noted core
moisture readings on the cabin top near the mast.  I'll probably probe that
eventually as right now isolating drops of water are my first priority.
Post storm, I had identified the offending bolts, marking on the interior
bulkhead bolts which were dropping water in my Berg.  Interesting that the
rivets exhibited no evidence of water themselves--curious since they looked
rather inefficient anyway.

As Don noted, the photos in my blog evidence a major water intrusion near
the port chain plates which had been remedied at one time. As my chain
plates are returning soon from re-manufacture in Texas, I will insure a
healthy deck prevention program to stave off the leak at that juncture.  I
do wish there was some sort of boot that could assist the deck-side entry of
the individual plates in addition to sealant?

Am going to take a minimalist approach to the presenting problem first and
increase my velocity of attack in proportion to the effect of the fix.  Your
advice is greatly appreciated!

Skeep