[Public-List] Leaks etc....

Wes Gardner via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Wed Sep 7 05:48:58 PDT 2016

Hi Bill,

A couple of things to consider around the chainplates - a couple of folks
have built up a high spot around where the chainplate passes through the
deck - I assume they've used thickened epoxy and formed a little
"mini-mesa".  My boat has the Schaefer chainplate covers which, by
themselves, do give an additional degree of sealant space.  Somehow,
through the years, my boat only has one leaking portlight and every time I
drill the deck to add stoppers, turning blocks or whatever, I come up with
COMPLETELY dry core.  My cockpit's core is wet but that'll be the next
owner's job.

I'm sure you've seen the discussion regarding deck compression/mast issues
regarding the beam that supports the mast, so I'd put an eyeball on that
pretty closely.

Wes

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 6:52 AM, Don Campbell via Public-List <