[Public-List] Public-List Digest, Vol 3448, Issue 1 Chainplate Caulk

Bill McCoy via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sun Apr 2 03:16:34 PDT 2017

And,....I used BoatLife Caulk on that portion of entry to the deck, as underneath, the strength is coming from the redrilled larger lag bolts I fitting down below to "beef up" strength.  As time has passed since I used it, the BoatLife, although has a sun tan, is still strong and no evident separating around the stainless steel plate itself, nor at the deck opening.  The objective of the BoatLife was not strength, it was to inhibit water ingress.  So far, they work fine all around.

Skeep
S/V Nautica #614
baggywrinkles.blogspot.com