[Public-List] At Anchor

Gordon Laco via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Aug 17 16:34:48 PDT 2017

Hello gang,

Here we are with our anchor deep in the putty at the bottom of the shelter at Wreck Island

Just had dinner; not what was planned though.  The steak I was going to cut up for the stir fry was rancid.. So over board it went.   We laughed imagining the startled thoughts of the mud sucking bottom feeder this choice bounty landed in front of... Perhaps similar to the scene near the end of 'Animal House' when a girl flys in through the adolescent boys window and lands in his bed...

Pouring rain out, howling wind, but were snug and safe.  A loon is preening himself off to starboard... He doesn't care about the rain.

And we're only half way through our sailing trip    Perfect.  I think I'll have a glass of rum and read another chapter of Patric O'Brians 'Desolation Island' to Caroline while she knits... Or maybe I'll splice up a new painter for the dinghy... Or write up today's log... Or just lay here listening to the wind tear through the trees around our anchorage...

Gord
426 Surprise