[Public-List] Tachometers...

Gordon Laco via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sun Aug 20 13:55:11 PDT 2017

Hello gang –

Well we’re home again.  We were storm bound at Wreck Island for a day and a half… then decided it was so nice there, we stayed another day.  Wonderful.

While motoring up to the club, we noticed the tachometer wasn’t working.  Surprise has a late model Atomic IV with a mechanical tach.   Anybody have any advice about possible cures?

I could just buy another, but Surprise still has the original Universal Marine A4 instrument panel.  If I buy a new tach, I’ll have to junk that and make a new panel.  Not a big deal really, but I like the old panel.

I suppose I’m hoping somebody will advise that ‘it’s probably just the cable’…  wouldn’t that be nice.

Assuming it isn’t just the cable… anyone know if it’s possible to convert to a modern electric tach such as Moyer sells?  I’ve asked them, but won’t hear back till tomorrow of course.

Gord

#426 Surprise