[Public-List] Teak inlay in cockpit seats and hatch cover

Kris Coward via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Fri Feb 3 14:02:21 PST 2017

I left a border around the edge, which meant that I didn't have to worry
about radiusing the edges.

When gluing, I kept the pieces aligned with finishing nails, because I
was doing the work in a busy, shared workshop where I couldn't count on
the seat and strips not getting bumped into and jostled around if I'd
just weighted them. Sometimes I worry about the nails as a route for
water to get under the strips, and into the glue and underlying plywood,
even though I sunk the nails pretty deep into the strips, and puttied
over them. (I still haven't quite yet worried enough to varnish the
seats instead of oiling them).

-Kris

Kris Coward					http://unripe.melon.org/