[Public-List] Window replacement, what's the best material ?

Greg Dawson via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sun Jul 16 16:08:54 PDT 2017

Dear All

I'm in the middle of repainting the interior of our A30 and would appreciate some advice. As part of the task I have removed the windows in the main cabin. They appear to be clear quarter inch Perspex. The windows are way past their best so I'm considering using 6mm tinted lexan. Is this a good idea and also what would be the best sealant. I think I can get the original sealant from a chandlers outside of Toronto. Any ideas?

Changing the subject slightly, Can anybody help me with the history of my boat. She's hull No. 348, made in 68 and shipped to the Annapolis area. I think that she has had 4 owners including myself and at least two name changes. She is called Good Hope and I believe was named as such by her second owner. If you have any information or even better some pictures of her that could be emailed I would very grateful.

Thanks in advance for any help / advice that you can give.

Greg