[Public-List] Battery Tray?

Jim Davis via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Fri Jul 21 12:45:14 PDT 2017

   Jonathan
   I personally would opt for multiple 12 volt batteries rather than two 6
   volt in series.  On a larger boat 6 volt ones make sense for the house
   bank.  On my ketch the house bank is 450 AH with four golf cart
   batteries. I also have a separate battery for the engine.  With the
   battery storage location on the A30 you are basically limited to two
   batteries under the cabin.  If you use 6 volt ones in series and one
   goes bad you might not be able to start the engine.  Two 12 volt ones
   gives you redundancy and safety.  Back when I had an A30, I used the
   "odd even system".  On odd number days I used battery #1, even number
   days battery #2.  When the engine was running use the All position.
Jim Davis
Privateer Isa Lei

If man does find the solution for world peace it will be the most revolutionary
reversal of his record we have ever known.

George C. Marshall

Message: 6