[Public-List] Asylum / For Sale

Jonathan Bresler via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sun Jul 23 16:44:23 PDT 2017

John,

Good to hear from you.  You mentioned "Is there anyone that could use the
boom and sail?"
Simply put yes.  I might be able to make use of the sail.  Not so much the
jib boom, but the sail itself.
Constance has a single jib, a great big deck sweeping, shroud overlapping,
wind catching sail that
is wonderful up till about 18+ knots when its getting a bit of chore to
handle.   Would love to be able
to replace that sail in those winds with a working jib, one without
overlap.  Seems that the sail you
removed might just fit the bill.

Thoughts on this idea?

Jonathan

On Sun, Jul 23, 2017 at 4:56 PM, John Irving via Public-List <

> When I bought Scotch Bonnet (#634), she had a self tending job with a
> boom.  She was so slow, after one season I took off the boom and bought
> some used loose footed jobs which improved performance incredibly.  Is
> there anyone that could use the boom and sail?  Are there any other self
> tending A30's out there?  Would it make any sense to reinstall the boom,
> add another forestay and run her as a cutter?
>
> John Irving
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Jul 23, 2017, at 12:32 PM, Patrick Dodson via Public-List <
> >
> > http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1968/Alberg-30-3106290/
> Annapolis/MD/United-States#.WXTC_HmWzmQ
> >
> > Hey Gang,
> > It pains me deeply to do it but I have to sell Asylum. I love racing but
> also love taking the family out for extended periods… 5 kids and 2 dogs are
> just a bit more than the Alberg can take  we have moved up to a larger
> boat and have listed her with Cary Lukens at Sail Yard, 443-995-5553. I
> will be out of the state until the end of August but Asylum is docked at
> Yacht Haven and he has the keys if anyone wants to take her out. I am
> working on a few guys on my crew to purchase her but don’t see that coming
> together soon so she is up for sale. I will keep racing her throughout the
> season until/if she sells. If you know of anyone that wants to purchase her
> I would be more than happy to take them out on one of the races when I get
> back or just out for a sail out to the bridge and back.
> >
> > Most notable feature: I had the engine, 2009 Yanmar 2GM, completely
> repowered 2 years ago by Chris Oliver (the elder) at Portside. Total cost
> was $6500. Bottom painted this year. She is ready to roll
> >
> > Thank You,
> > Patrick Dodson
> > 410-271-4334

Jonathan M Bresler