[Public-List] Edson Tiller head

Stephen Gwyn via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Mar 2 12:23:27 PST 2017

Is there something about bronze in particular that doesn't lend itself
to mass production? Or is it just that sailboat fittings are produced
in small volumes, which means they have to be done by hand? I see all
kinds of manufactured items in many other metals cast and machined to
very high precision at low cost in large quantities.

More to the point though, I are there any other sources for off the shelf
tiller heads? I see Tern Boatworks does custom casting, but that's unlikely
to be cheaper than taking the existing one to a machine shop and having
some work done.

SG