[Public-List] Rudder stocks & rudder taper.

Greg Dawson via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Tue Mar 7 03:30:46 PST 2017

Dear all

Greg... Our rudder tapers from approximately 2 inches to 1 inch.

As for the rudder stock. I was digging around with my faithful old paint scraper yesterday as our rudder has to come off. Digging pits or lifting the boat are not an option right now. I hear what everyone is saying that the stock and rudder are held together with bronze machine screws but I don't see them. the rudder stock seems to be encased in what looks to be approximately 1/4 inch of glass. There is even what appears to be a join line in the glass / gel coat down the centre of where the rudder stock should be. Am I missing something.

It looks as though work has been done on our boat as the bolt for the shoe is stainless and the bronze pintal has been replaced with a stainless strap. I need a new 2 piece bronze pintal and shoe. does anyone know where I could purchase these please.

Your help would be appreciated.

Greg