[Public-List] Following up with the battery/ rewire thread.

tmthypk@gmail.com via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Mar 16 14:31:48 PDT 2017

I had the old trailer connectors that powered the instrument panel, alternator, starter and every other mechanical system. After talking to Tim Williams, I took that out and hard wired everything with bigger gauge and changed some of the routing. I've never had a problem with the starter since. And the starter is relativity new as I had that rebuilt in 2015.

My big issue is with the battery. I need to increase capacity, and I had issues (same reason with the starter) with the alternator not charging anything very well but all that has been fixed, albeit a big hit on the current batteries as they have been fully discharged once or twice before I realized what was going on.

Now the wiring is not the lamps cord, most of it is marine grade wiring. But the picture below is the current configuration.... I seriously just want to have another beer every time I see it. It works, but its very confusing and I am not sure it is the best way. I am very particular.

Thank you all for the help so far!