[Public-List] Public-List Digest, Vol 3448, Issue 1

Ray Meyer via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Fri Mar 31 15:00:25 PDT 2017

Jonathan,

If you want a completely dry, permanent solution.....   buy the appropriate size stainless steel chainplate covers and bed them with butyl tape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Upksj19lyU

http://www.pbase.com/mainecruising/rebedding_hardware&page=1

Its been almost 10 years since I did this on Horizon and not a drop of water has entered through the chainplates.

Ray Meyer
s/v Horizon

Message: 3