[Public-List] Memorial Day Cruise

Jay Davenport via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Fri May 26 16:46:18 PDT 2017

Lydia, I am anchored in Solomons tonight, bringing my boat home from Annapolis. Good memories of your sailing with me. Regards, Jay

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 12:00 PM, Lydia Walter via Public-List<public-list at lists.alberg30.org> wrote:   To my Alberg friends a wish for a lovely & memorable cruise. Twenty years
ago Brian Walter invited me to join him for the Memorial Day cruise on
Swallow to meet the wonderful Alberg family of boaters. He said my calm
reaction to the frenzied middle of the night fire drill made him realize I
was a keeper. We shared so many experiences with you in groups &
individually on Swallow & Luna Blu that evoke smiles and warm feelings.
When we needed help you were there, when it was fun we wanted, you were
there, when memorials were needed, you were there.
As you enjoy your sail this week end, please raise a cup of tea to Brian's
memory. He will be there.
Love Lydia
On May 25, 2017 10:13 PM, "Gordon Laco via Public-List" <

It was the strangest thing… according to the knotmeter we were hitting
speeds never before attained… but the water didn’t seem to be going past
like you’d expect… strange…  must have been the light…

On 2017-05-25, 8:48 PM, "Public-List on behalf of George Dinwiddie via
Public-List" <public-list-bounces at lists.alberg30.org on behalf of

    It's tough racing when an Alberg 30 doing 9 knots only rates middle of
    the pack! ;-)

    On 5/25/17 2:34 PM, Gordon Laco via Public-List wrote:
    > We got to the pin in the midst of heavy traffic, our arch rivals
inches ahead and astern as we rounded doing over 9 knots (indicated on the
knotmeter…) and popped our chute flawlessly.

      When I remember bygone days                        George Dinwiddie
      I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
      So many I loved were not yet dead,          http://www.Alberg30.org
      So many I love were not yet born.                          also see:
                    'The Middle' by Ogden Nash    http://idiacomputing.com