[Public-List] Mainsheet diameter

Chris Martin notcmartin at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 1 11:46:40 PDT 2017

 Thanks, that looks like a good price. I think 80' should be enough for the mainsheet, but then if I'm going to try and splice it... :)
I found
    On Wednesday, November 1, 2017, 10:43:43 AM EDT, Jonathan Bresler <262alberg30 at gmail.com> wrote:

 Chris,
Measured the lines on Constance yesterday.  The mainsheet is 7/16", which works well for me.  Either 7/16" or 1/2" would be fine, it seems.Hamilton Marine appears to have a nice price on New England Sta-Set 1/2" by 80' for either $72 or $63 depending upon color.  Recently gota replacement spinnaker halyard, 3/8", from them.  Quite satisfied with either shipping and the product.https://shop.hamiltonmarine.com/products/sta-set-rope--flecked-colors-and-solid-colors--47647.html

The bargain bin has 100' of 1/2" Sta-Set-X for only $87 https://shop.hamiltonmarine.com/products/rope-sta-set-x--white-red-fleck-blue-fleck-green-fleck--47649.html
On a related note, the jib sheets are 1/2" feeding into Lewmar 30 self-tailing winches.  1/2" is just too big for those winches.  The line, which is not new, is getting chewed up.  Expect to replace it this year with 7/16".  The Lewmar website (https://www.lewmar.com/node/11526?v=24970)says that the 30ST winches can handle line from 8-12mm or a bit more than 3/8" to a bit less than 1/2".
Jonathan