[Public-List] Tiller wobble and possible fix.

Michael Connolly crufone at comcast.net
Wed Nov 22 07:06:47 PST 2017

Now wait a minute. All folks know that Canadian beer is far superior to anything made in the states............................
Jonathan,
I have solved this issue on several boats using bronze washers. The rudder head and tiller fitting on our boats should be bronze. A washer on just one side is fine. If you are finicky about this you can pare down the washers so there is an equal number on each side and the tiller is centered so to speak. Yes I have been known to do that.
BTW a bit of grease on the washers helps to hold them in position whilst aligning them for the bolt.
Happy driving..................oh and Thanksgiving!
Michael #133