[Public-List] Tiller wobble and possible fix.

Jonathan Bresler 262alberg30 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 08:00:59 PST 2017

Gord,  Thank you. Was afraid of that the corrosion issue would rear its
ugly head.

The bronze washer idea sounds worthwhile looking into.  No problem having a
washer on one side only...not an aesthetic issue for me.  Might be hard to
find one
thin enough.  Currently there are four layers of beer can shim stock which
might be
0.065mm thick each layer or 0.26mm total.  That's pretty thin.  Seems that
there is
phospor bronze shim stock available in a suitable thickness from
Lyonindustries
http://lyonindustries.com/?page_id=9 .  They even have an assortment
6" x 12" assortment contains one piece of each of the following sizes:
.005, .008, .010, .013, .016, .020, .025, .032

Gord, how about phosphor bronze ?

Jonathan

http://www.beveragecan.info/en/inform-me/advantages-of-cans/

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 7:49 AM, Joseph Balderson via Public-List <

Jonathan M Bresler
S/V Constance Alberg 30 #262
Annapolis/Eastport MD