[Public-List] Engine cooling plumbing - Yanmar

Andrew Johns johnsab9 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 05:31:54 PST 2017

Chris,

I would keep the vented loop in the raw water line between the heat
exchanger and the mixing elbow.  The exhaust manifolds on these boats tend
to sit very close to the waterline and you may not have 12in at all times
(under sail).  It prevents water from filling the muffler and eventually
engine with water when seacock is open and engine is off.

Andrew

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 3:24 PM, Mike Lehman via Public-List <