[Public-List] MD DNR Boating Rules - Grounding

Mike Meinhold meinhold272 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 05:01:39 PDT 2017

After completing painting of the interior of Rinn Duin, and a great
mid-October cruise, I decided to review USCG and Maryland DNR requirements.

In the MD DNR  (
http://dnr.maryland.gov/boating/Documents/recreationvessels.pdf)  there is
this statement on reporting accidents:

Running aground or hitting a fixed or floating object is considered a
boating accident. The operator of the vessel or vessels involved must
report the accident to the Natural Resources Police. Accident reports are
required by federal law and furnish information for use in accident
prevention.

If this is the case, I have a substantial backlog of reports to write......

Mike

Rinn Duin #272