[Public-List] #56 Topping Lift Question

George Dinwiddie via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Sep 21 21:04:01 PDT 2017

James,

1/8" seems a bit small, but it could be that the block at the masthead
was designed for wire. I think 3/16" or 1/4" line is more common.

The ones I've seen with wire rope have been fixed at the masthead and
have a braided line tackle between the wire and the boom. That seems
overkill, to me, as stretch really isn't an issue.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org