[Public-List] topping lifts

Rolph and Joan Townshend via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Mon Sep 25 14:20:26 PDT 2017

I think so, Gordon. It is important to keep the main in sailing trim, flat
and airfoil shaped. With a tight topping lift the boom can not be
positioned to give the main the proper set. Yes, it keeps the boom from
doing things you would rather it didn't do, but you sacrifice shape and
therefore the effectiveness of your main. If the boom then hits the dodger
either the dodger is too tall or the sail is too long.
Towney.

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 4:57 PM, Gordon Laco via Public-List <